October 3, 2019
The Lake Granbury Kiwanis Club honored several Hood County fourth and fifth graders as Super Citizens during a luncheon on October 3, 2019, at the Granbury ISD Administration Building.
The community service organization recognizes two fourth graders and two fifth graders several times during the school year. The students are nominated by their teachers for good citizenship.
Students honored were:
- Acton Elementary School – Monica Barto, Lelan Brown, Conner Jansen, Evie Taylor
- Baccus Elementary School – Ivan Cabrera, Willow Carter, Cesar Mena, Emma Tempest
- Brawner Intermediate School – Madison Brown, Ingrid Cabrera, Preslee Carnes, Madison Cortez
- Oak Woods School – Brynlie Baker, Samina McDaniel, Weston Prater, Cohen Spoon
- STEAM Academy at Mambrino – Kassandra Aldridge, Desiree Elliott, Boston Gregory, Denna Olauson
School administrators and teachers introduced their students and read the nomination letters submitted by teachers.
In addition to Super Citizens, the Kiwanis Club recognizes many elementary students through the Terrific Kids program. Members also sponsor the Key Club at Granbury High School.
Photos by Jeff Meador/Granbury ISD